Sunday, July 11, 2010

Farewells

Well, it's done. What an amazingly intense couple of weeks. I am not dead, and isn't there some old adage about what doesn't kill you? I am filled with a strange mixture of relief and regret that our time at the pillow is over. I am already nostalgic.

On the bus to Hartford, the bathroom smells like the inside of a dead goat. It feels weird being spat out into the real world. Bone tired but happy. My face hurts from smiling and laughing. It's amazing to have been welcomed into this community. And for this little group of us to have bonded so intensely. I wonder what it will be like the next time we see each other.

To my fellow students who were so gracious and gave of their energy and help with material: A thousand thank yous. Your generosity is amazing. To everyone at the Pillow: Thank you for all you do for dance. It really is an amazing group of people who work very hard so that we can do what we do.

And to you loyal followers, thanks for reading. This has been kind of fun. I'm not sure that I could or would want to update this every day, but I may add to it sporadically, so check back in...

Ciao
M

1 comment:

  1. MJO, thank you so much for keeping us updated during your sojourn into the world of tap dance. Reading the log of your sojourn, I cannot help but feel that those of us involved in traditional music and dance circles are proud to have you as our representative. Thank you for your perseverance, your commitment to exploring the connections of American vernacular dance and music as well as to your own development as an artist. You are an emissary for a bold new world of dancers with training in many types of movement whose impetus is auditory. We in the newly dubbed "percussive dance" world thank you and are excited to see what you will teach us!!

    ReplyDelete