Thursday, July 1, 2010

Midnight Oil

Wow, tired and sore. Too tired and sore to bring this up to date. It's 1am and I just now got back from an impromptu rehearsal/tap advocacy discussion. Inspiration is thick on the ground. Class and history and dance-in-culture then and now ideas all permeating our brains at once. I wish I could make real-time recordings of my mind while I am here. There is so much to soak up, and I am afraid to forget anything, but I fear these entries and my own journal may not preserve as much of this experience as I would like. Most of the time I can't take notes fast enough to capture this incredible mix.

Saw Les Ballet Jazz du Montreal tonight. Holy crap. Incredible. Dance to make you cry, which I did several times. More on their performance later...

One day to go before the show and I am, well, a little stressed. SO much material has been thrown at us in the last 3 days, I feel like I could spend the next month learning it. We shall see.

For now it's way past punkin' time. See yas.

No comments:

Post a Comment